We love welcoming new people to our church – whether it’s to our website, or to one of our Sunday Services, or to any of our other activities.
If you haven’t been involved with church much before, then you might be unsure what really goes on inside a church. But basically who we are and what we do is pretty simple: we’re a group of ordinary people who know an extraordinary God! Our lives have been transformed through knowing Jesus and we want to see other people come to experience this too. Please take the time to look around this website to get to know us.
We’d love to welcome you to one of our Sunday services, but you might be wondering what to expect. Basically they’re a family gathering of God’s people, and everyone is welcome.
Here’s what to expect every Sunday at any of our services:
– Central to our family gathering is listening to God speak, and so the Bible is read. After that someone spends time exploring the part of the Bible just read and helps us think about how it applies to our lives.
– We always talk to God in prayer. We pray about anything and everything, but especially about God’s concerns for his world. Normally this is led by someone at the front.
– We always sing together, to remind one another about who God is and what he has done. Whether you are an opera singer or tone deaf you’re most welcome to join us! However, you can just listen if you prefer.
– Just like a family shares what is going on in their lives, we also put aside some time to talk about what is going on in our church family life. We’re told what events or opportunities are happening in the next little while. Sometimes someone will talk about what God has been doing in their life.
– We regularly share in the Lord’s Supper together. Someone will always explain what we are doing and, more importantly, why we are doing it.
– We always end our time together with food, either morning tea or supper. This is a chance to catch up with another, find out what has been happening in each other’s lives, and to pray for and encourage one another. It’s also an opportunity for us to meet you if you are new and to introduce you to other members of our church family.
Do I have to be a Christian to come to church?
Of course not. Everyone is welcome, whether you’re a sceptic, an atheist, or just have lots of questions.
What if I don’t know what to do?
Our services are pretty simple and most things are explained. And someone will be more than happy to help if you need it.
What should I wear?
Clothes! Whatever you feel comfortable in. There’s no dress code!